HEALTH AND SAFETY NOTICE REGARDING CORONAVIRUS COVID-19
We want to update you on Legana Christian Church’s response to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) pandemic and the steps that we are taking. We are closely monitoring advice from the Department of Health and following this advice. As advice this advice changes, we will reflect these changes in our policies and in this Notice. An up to date copy of this notice will be maintained at https://www.legana.org/policies/response-to-coronavirus-covid-19/.
We are also doing all that we can to ensure that our facilities are maintained at the highest level of cleanliness and hygiene and have automatic (non-contact) hand-sanitizers which have been made accessible at each major entry point of our buildings.
We will continue to conduct our Sunday service at 10AM and 5:30PM but will monitor this based on the directives from the Department of Health and if directed, we will cease to conduct these services or if we deem the risk of contagion unreasonably high. We will also be live streaming our Sunday morning service which may be viewed at https://www.legana.org/webcast, or on Youtube https://www.Youtube.com/LeganaCC, or on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/LeganaCC.
We will not be offering Communion until the risk from Coronavirus has subsided.
We will be spraying our pens and wiping door handles regularly with anti-bacterial wipes.
What we ask of you is that:
- If you or your child are feeling unwell in particular if you have cold or flu like symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat etc.), please do not attend any church activity such as church services or gatherings including youth, kids, small groups or other church activity until you are well again. Please stay home and rest, seek medical attention.
- If you have travelled from overseas within the last 14 days, do not attend.
- If you have been in close contact with someone who has tested positive, you should have already received medical attention and been instructed to be in home isolation and not attend.
- If you have a COVID-19 test result pending, please do not attend.
- We ask that you please practice good hygiene by frequently washing your hands with either soap or hand-sanitizer.
- If you cough or sneeze, please turn so that you are not facing anyone and do so into tissue which you then promptly dispose of in a safe manner.
- Please also restrict hand to hand contact at gatherings and use sensible precautions when in closer proximity to others. We recommend that you don’t handshake or hug during this season.
- Parents, if your children are unwell, please keep them home. Any child who falls ill (fever, cough, runny nose) during a program will be required to be collected promptly.
We must all take the Coronavirus pandemic seriously. It’s important that we must all do what we can to slow it’s spread as well as minimising the risks to ourselves whilst at the same time ministering to those in need.
We can do this in a number of ways that include praying:
- for those who are infected with the virus
- that the virus will be slowed and its reach reduced
- that an effective vaccine will soon be developed and made available
- for the safety and strength of health workers
- for wisdom for our nation’s and state’s leaders
- for the livelihoods of many whose jobs and businesses are being effected
Other ways we can care for people include staying connected via phone and social media.
In the case of this who fall sick, helping with grocery shopping may be of great practical help, but please take care not to put yourself at risk if you do this. We recommend leaving the groceries near the front door and ensuring that direct contact does not take place.